Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Melted Mind

Themes in classes I feel are quite important. Of course I can do a yoga class without at theme. It doesn't bother me when it is made to be themeless. But for me, for my classes. I love a theme. Putting a touch of creativity is so important. Most of the time I find it easy to relate my practice/teaching to every day life and just put in some generic "take it the way you want it" type of class. It's quite nice to be able to do that.

So then what the hell is wrong with me lately?

It seems like every time I try to think of a class theme, it turns into a blob of thought that slips through my fingers. I grasp at it frantically trying to figure out what the wording was that I used but it literally falls into thin air and doesn't come back.

I was in the gym in the back of the studio today and there are mirrors everywhere so I practiced my sort of "monologue" that I would do tonight for class and I finished and lost every single word I had just said. Gone. Poof. Now I have to try and rethink, rewrite and re-speak my spiel.

I guess something that I've been learning lately is to really take everything with a grain of salt. The impermanence of everything is so evident and always around the corner so why attach? Why put importance on things that will just leave? I guess that could sound really pessimistic but I would say it's just being laid back. Let it happen.

Maybe that's what I'll do tonight. Let it happen.

Lost thoughts,

M.

P.S. Had a little ladies night. Guess what we had? Thanks to Champ for the drinks. Such a pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment